[SciPy-user] numpy/scipy on an Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU and CPU THROTTLING

Nils Wagner nwagner@iam.uni-stuttgart...
Sun Feb 18 08:37:09 CST 2007

David Cournapeau wrote:
> Nils Wagner wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am going to install numpy/scipy (svn version)
>> on an Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU. And I would like to build
>> everything from scratch
>> (including BLAS/LAPACK/ATLAS).
>>
>> Which compiler options/flags should I use for BLAS/LAPACK
>> in that case ?
>>
>> Which fortran compiler g77/gfortran is
>> currently recommended to build numpy/scipy ?
>>
>> BTW, I am using openSUSE 10.2.
>>
>> Nils
>>

> For Atlas, you should use the flags set by the ATLAS build system. If
> you use recent ATLAS sources (3.7.* serie), there are some arch default
> for your CPU, I think.
>
> cheers,
>
> David

 Hi again,

I am confused about CPU THROTTLING.

How can I switch off CPU throttling on SuSE Linux 10.2 ?

I found a command "cpufreq-set" but I don't know how to proceed.

ATLAS uses gfortran by default but I have used g77 to build BLAS/LAPACK.

Can I replace gfortran in Make.inc by g77 ?

I have used

/usr/local/src/ATLAS/configure -Fa alg -fPIC -Si cputhrchk 0

to configure ATLAS (3.7.28)

Nils

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/cpufreq/cpufreq-set.html