[SciPy-user] Combining Arrays

Rich Shepard rshepard@appl-ecosys....
Tue Feb 27 13:53:31 CST 2007

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007, Alok Singhal wrote:

> This works for me:
>
> new = zeros(topArr.shape, dtype=float)
> new[udx] = botArr
> new = new + topArr

Alok,

   I had the first two steps, but needed the last one. What I kept trying
borked each time.

   Wonder if this is documented somewhere. I did not see it in the beta of
the tutorial, the numpy example lists, or in Travis' book.

   But, it works like a charm. Thank you very much.

   Now to read how to use the eigen() function ....

Rich