[SciPy-user] NumPy in Teaching

Ryan Krauss ryanlists@gmail....
Wed Feb 28 08:16:43 CST 2007

I am teaching system dynamics, controls, and mechatronics and letting
the students choose between matlab and python.  I don't know if I have
any lessons learned yet.  Not many of the students choose python.  I
think the problem is that getting everything installed seems
overwhelming.  Enthought python is good, but the packages are slightly
old, because everything is in flux.  So, I tell my students to install
it and then update Numpy/Scipy/Matplotlib.  My other problem is that
the other faculty don't know python, so Matlab is taught and expected.