[SciPy-user] Any Books on SciPy?

Lou Pecora lou_boog2000@yahoo....
Wed Feb 28 14:53:07 CST 2007

--- Pierre GM <pgmdevlist@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 28 February 2007 15:03:11 Lou Pecora
> wrote:
> > Well... yes, what took you so long?  :-)
> >
> > Thanks.  A very good web site.  And right there
> hiding
> > under my nose.
>
> If I remember my Poe correctly, that's quite often
> the case.

You know Edgar Allen well.  I think that was "The
Tell-Tale Heart".  Very good knowledge of literature.

> But seriously: I find the Numpy examples invaluable.
> However, nothing prevents
> us to start reorganizing these examples in a fashion
> closer to Moler's
> approach: short, real-life examples, along with the
> corresponding Numpy code.
> A kind of Guide to numpy's electronic companion,
> that shouldn't replace the
> Cookbook but complete it. We should first to agree
> on a basic template, and
> fill it adequately. The wiki organization is ideal
> for that.

You are right.  I'm not sure what the format should
be.  I'm a little out of it about writing up things
even though I have contributed to the NumPy/SciPy
wiki.

-- Lou Pecora,   my views are my own.
Three laws of thermodynamics:
  First law: "You can't win."