[SciPy-user] Fast simple plotting

Lars Friedrich lfriedri at imtek.de
Thu Jan 4 04:10:35 CST 2007

Hello everyone,

I am using python/scipy to control some hardware using ctypes and some
self written dlls. Now I have the need to display some data online while
doing other things. Until now I used matplotlib to plot everything, but
this is too slow for the online display. What do you recommend?

What I would like to do as a start is a small simple oscilloscope. I
read data from a data acquisition card and plot it to a simple 2d-plot.
I would like to reach roughly 5 frames per second but *being able to do
something else at the same time*.

As I said, I tried matplotlib. At the moment I am playing around with
VTK. I read about chaco. I know that there is gnuplot. Certainly there
is also wx or something equivalent.

Is there anyone doing something similar? What do you recommend?

Thanks for every comment

Lars Friedrich

--
Dipl.-Ing. Lars Friedrich