[SciPy-user] Docstring standards for NumPy and SciPy

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 10 11:26:34 CST 2007

Travis Oliphant wrote:
> It is nice to use tools like epydoc, but we should not
> force ourselves to use there stuff since we will have to hack it anyway
> to manage math.  Therefor, why not "hack" it to manage the format we
> decide on.

FWIW, I'm the author of synopsis (http://synopsis.fresco.org/), which
is used to document source code, but has a very open and extensible
architecture as to how to handle the individual processing steps.
It does support python, but also C, C++, and (CORBA) IDL.
So, in case you are interested into a flexible tool that can also cover
your back-end code, you may give it a try.

Regards,
		Stefan