[SciPy-user] Getting started wiki page

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Thu Jan 11 16:56:11 CST 2007

Once again I had to explain to a new student what scipy was, what python
was, and what he should read in order to start working with these tools.

I have started a "Getting Started" page on the wiki to answer this
problem. The idea would be to guide the complete beginner to get him
productive as quickly as possible (like the "Getting started" page in
matlab).

Currently the page is quite empty and pretty bad, but if people start
improving it it could be very useful and hopefuly be linked from the
front page.

The page is not linked by any page yet, but it is accessible at:

http://scipy.org/Getting_Started

Cheers,

Gaël