[SciPy-user] Can SciPy compute ln(640320**3 + 744)/163**.5 to 30 places?

Dick Moores rdmoores at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 07:49:32 CST 2007

I hope I may ask another question. I'd like to know how use clnum to
calculate 2**3.9 to a precision of 40. I looked carefully at
http://calcrpnpy.sourceforge.net/clnumManual.html and tried various
things, but to no avail.

Despite these words in the manual:

"Most of the functions in the clnum module are arbitrary precision
floating point versions of Python builtins. See the Python
documentation in the math, cmath, and builtins sections for the
following functions: acos, acosh, asin, asinh, atan, atan2, atanh,
ceil, cos, cosh, degrees, exp, floor, hypot, log, log10, radians,
round, sin, sinh, sqrt, tan, and tanh."

it seems there is no clnum.pow(). Help, please.

Thanks,

Dick Moores