[SciPy-user] RE : Re: SciPy Data Analysis Workbench

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Thu Jan 18 07:23:44 CST 2007

Hi Robert,

I think I share you point of view: on the short term for you project,
traits is not a good option. On the long term, I think it might be.

>   [rant in French about the French governement putting money in scilab
>    which is much less interesting the scipy and Co. ]

Yes, I agree with what you said. I have used scilab before, and, appart
of the reduce language abilities and toolbox, I must say that when I sent
in patches (one-liners) I got told by the developpers that my problems
(Linux related) where not a priority.

The thing isn't even properly open-source.

What you should do is do some advocacy around you about python.

    Gaël