[SciPy-user] RE : Re: SciPy Data Analysis Workbench

Matthew Vernon matthew at sel.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 18 08:21:41 CST 2007

On 18 Jan 2007, at 14:16, John Hassler wrote:

> Unfortunately, Octave isn't easy to run on windows.  (As I
> remember, you have to run it with Cygwin.)  Python/SciPy and Scilab
> play nicely with either Linux or windows.

We're drifting off the topic a smidge here, but you can get windows
binaries for Octave if you don't have Cygwin, according to http://
www.gnu.org/software/octave/download.html

disclaimer: I only ever use OS X, solaris and linux.

HTH,

Matthew

--
Matthew Vernon MA VetMB LGSM MRCVS
Farm Animal Epidemiology and Informatics Unit