[SciPy-user] Re-releasing Python Equations under a new license?

zunzun at zunzun.com zunzun at zunzun.com
Thu Jan 18 15:33:09 CST 2007

Can I get any advice on which software license to distribute
my code?  The sourceforge URL, which I forgot to post before, is

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pythonequations

I'm just interested in feedback from users, whether someone uses
the code in a commercial application is not particulary important
to me personally.  I would like people to know where to get the
source code itself if someone does redistribute, again so that
the chance of feedback on the source code is increased.

I'm not chained to the GPL, I'm just naive and inexperienced.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and my thanks to
Glen Mabey for his thoughts below.  Re-releasing would happen
this weekend if I knew which license to use other than the GPL.

     James

----- Forwarded message from "Glen W. Mabey" <Glen.Mabey at swri.org> -----