[SciPy-user] Re-releasing Python Equations under a new license?

Gabriel Gellner ggellner at uoguelph.ca
Fri Jan 19 11:59:15 CST 2007

This is an interesting point, but couldn't you just cut out the piece
of the library and make it a standalone library . . . really this
seems to make LGPL code tricky for reusing algorithms (that can't
easily/efficiently be turned into a library :-), or any piece of code
that is not easily turned into a callable/(subclassable) library?

I have to admit that I to have had to reconsider my ideas on the GPL
since becoming a big fan of python/scipy as well. Though I still
**think** I prefer the GPL, this discussion has been interesting. The
strongest argument for me is that the legal issues can be frightening
for small companies (or individuals), in this sense the BSD to me
seems unambiguously superior.

Sorry if I bubbled up any emotions, I simply had never read JDH's
email before and I found it challenging . . .

Gabriel