[SciPy-user] r_ not defined while using signal.freqs

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 01:12:16 CST 2007

Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 01:34:30AM -0600, Robert Kern wrote:
>> Fixed.
>
> Pardon me if I'm asking something obvious, but where do I get the fix
> or fixed version? Is it the one in the svn repository?

Yes.

> Also, do I just replace the relevant file filter_design.py with the
> current one there, or do I have to sync with the whole repository?

For a fix as localized as this (and because I don't think that file has been
otherwise changed since the last release), you can just replace the relevant
file. Other times, fixes will be more involved and will require changes in
multiple files. Or other changes have been incorporated into the file since the
last release that will depend on changes in other files.

> Finally, if I don't want to do all this, I should just wait for the
> next minor release to get into Debian, right?

If waiting for Debian is the alternative, then I'm almost certain that you *do*
want to do at least one of the things you described to get the fix. We don't
make official releases of scipy particularly often, and Debian will, of course,
lag that release.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."