[SciPy-user] Docstring standards for NumPy and SciPy

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 07:10:21 CST 2007

There's another thing we should standardize that's related to docstrings:
encoding. Many names of authors of modules as well as authors of papers I want
to cite in the docstrings have non-ASCII characters. Let's standardize on a
UTF-8 encoding for all files that have non-ASCII characters.

Now, having gone that far, I'm sitting on the fence as to whether we should
discourage/encourage/leave alone the idea of using the math symbols in Unicode
to help display math better.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."