[SciPy-user] Docstring standards for NumPy and SciPy

Jouni K. Seppänen jks at iki.fi
Sat Jan 20 08:20:35 CST 2007

Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> writes:

> Now, having gone that far, I'm sitting on the fence as to whether we
> should discourage/encourage/leave alone the idea of using the math
> symbols in Unicode to help display math better.

"Unicode Nearly Plain-Text Encoding of Mathematics" by Murray
Sargent III may be worth considering:

http://unicode.org/notes/tn28/

I don't know if there is yet any software support for this format, but
it shouldn't be too difficult to convert it to (La)TeX.

This format would solve the question of delimiting math expressions:
"U+23A8 starts a math zone and U+23AC ends it."

--
Jouni K. Seppänen
http://www.iki.fi/jks