[SciPy-user] SciPy Data Analysis Workbench

Gabriel Gellner ggellner at uoguelph.ca
Sat Jan 20 14:01:28 CST 2007

Does using traits change from a Duck typing solution to a static
typing (type checking) solution?

I have to admit I am vague on these issues, but all the books I have
learned python from go crazy about not doing type checking (they say
over and over that python is strongly typed, but not statically typed
. . . and you should use duck typing not type checking).

Having a fortran background I miss a lot of the subtly of this, but I
worry about not using pythonic code, as I am trying to change my old
programming habits (hopefully the new ones are better . . .).

Does traits suffer this problem?
As from what I have read (as a previous fortran programmer) I find
traits very, very intriguing (especially the easy generation of a gui).

Gabriel