[SciPy-user] scipy data mining ?

Karl Young Karl.Young at ucsf.edu
Tue Jan 23 17:34:01 CST 2007

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info. I suspect nothing will be quite as comprehensive as
Weka; it has a pretty large and well established group of contributors.
But close seems good enough re. having the convenience of a python/C++
package (e.g. it would be much easier for me to add methods that I was
interested in using). You're right that getting the Orange developers
interested in integration is probably a long shot but probably worth
floating as nobody seems to be aware of any similar efforts that are
numpy friendly and both user groups would benefit (but somebody would
have to do the work...). I don't know how difficult it would be to write
an ExampleTable to recarray converter but if the Orange developers had
any interest in integration it might be worth investigating.