[SciPy-user] scipy.optimise.lbfgsb /bounded optimization help

mclaugb mclaughlinbryan at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 27 11:57:53 CST 2007

I have been using a Gauss-Newton algorithm but it is unconstrained and i
need a bounded, multivariate algorithm.

Does anyone have any example code that uses the "lbfgsb" optimization
algorithm?  I have a function of two variables that is bounded to the
positive half-space and would like to use lbfgsb to minimize two variables.
i have tried to get it working for a 2 variable function case but have been
unsuccessful.  any example code would help me.

I have also seen a version of leastsq called "mpfit" which some suggested
porting Numeric to NumPy.  Has anyone used this Levenburg-Marquardt
algorithm successfully?  Do you have the converted code that works with
Python 2.4?  do you have any example code?

Kind Regards,
Bryan