[SciPy-user] calling scipy methods from fortran code...

Nils Wagner nwagner@iam.uni-stuttgart...
Tue Jul 3 04:20:33 CDT 2007

fred wrote:
> Dominique Orban a écrit :
>
>> Fred,
>>
>> The de-facto standard for solving symmetric indefinite linear systems is a
>> package called MA27 from the Harwell Subroutine Library. This one is available
>> for free for non-commercial and research projects
>> (http://hsl.rl.ac.uk/archive/hslarchive.html).
>>

> Dominique,
>
> I read on the nlpy page that MA27 is for sparse matrices.
> My matrices are not sparse, but dense.
> Should I still use it ?
>

> Cheers,

In that case I suggest CVXOPT which comes with a LAPACK interface (LDL^T
factorization is included as opposed to scipy).
See
>>> help (cvxopt.lapack.sytrf)
>>> help (cvxopt.lapack.sytrs)

Nils