[SciPy-user] Compile fails for r3123 on OS X 10.4 (Intel)

Barry Wark barrywark@gmail....
Tue Jul 3 14:54:28 CDT 2007

I know this isn't anyone's top priority on the list, but I'd really
appreciate a pointer (or a dope slap):

I've successfully compiled previous revisions (<r3000) of scipy on
this system (OSX Intel) before. However, after checking out an older
version, the build fails with

File "Lib/odr/setup.py", line 9, in <module>
    from numpy.distutils.misc_util import get_path, Configuration, dot_join
ImportError: cannot import name get_path

I assume this is because numpy has been updated and removed get_path.

Besides ticket #449, I haven't been able to find mention of the
problem described earlier in the thread in the list archives or
online. Obviously, not many other people are having this problem, so I
assume it's a stupid mistake on my part. It's holding up deployment of
software to our lab, however, so I would be eternally grateful for any
help.

Thanks,
Barry