[SciPy-user] SciPy 2007

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Jul 9 16:51:36 CDT 2007

Ryan May wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was curious if anyone had any recommendations for a hotel to stay at
> for the SciPy 2007 conference.  I saw the link to local lodging on
> CalTech's site, but I was curious if anyone had some place they'd
> recommend based on experience (or even _not_ recommend).

I like the Saga Motor Hotel. No frills, but cheap and close. It's website is
down currently, but here are their address and phone number.

www.thesagamotorhotel.com
1633 E Colorado Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 795-0431

I'm not a fan of the Vagabond Inn although it is also cheap and close.

> Also, would anyone have any idea how long things would go on Friday?
> I'm trying to figure out when I should fly back.

The talks will end around 5. It's okay to shuffle out early to catch a flight.
However, people do get together for dinner afterwards. There is also a sprint
day on Saturday, so I imagine there will be some hacking on Friday night, too.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco