[SciPy-user] BLAS, LAPACK, ATLAS libraries.

Wed Jul 11 23:05:53 CDT 2007

> Hi David.
>
> Thank you for your response. Based on your notes I recompiled BLAS and LAPACK libraries and build and installed python2.5.1 and numpy again. Unfortunately the error appears again

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "/usr/local/python/python2.5.1/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/__init__.py", line 43, in <module>
>     import linalg
>   File "/usr/local/python/python2.5.1/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/linalg/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
>     from linalg import *
>   File "/usr/local/python/python2.5.1/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/linalg/linalg.py", line 25, in <module>
>     from numpy.linalg import lapack_lite
> ImportError: /usr/local/python/python2.5.1/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/linalg/lapack_lite.so: undefined symbol: _gfortran_concat_string

This is typically because you did not use the same fortran compiler
everywhere (g77 vs gfortran): the default fortran compiler on fedora
core (at least since 5) is gfortran, but this is not the default for
numpy or scipy. Again, this is exactly for this kind of things that I
packaged blas/lapack/atlas/numpy/scipy. Did you try building the source
rpms instead of building everything from sources ?

cheers,

David