[SciPy-user] (Mac) Close a plot window, crash IPython?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Jul 13 14:01:03 CDT 2007

On 7/13/07, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:

> This looks like a matplotlib problem rather than one with numpy or scipy. You
> might have better luck asking on the matplotlib list.

Indeed.  In fact, just this morning there was a thread form another
user seeing similar crashes, and they seem to have pinned it down to a
mistake in a recent commit that indeed was bad.

Have a look at the archives on matplotlib-devel for today with subject line:

Bus error using interactive plotting commands

It seems that by now they've committed a fix into SVN, so an update
may be all you need.

And if you have further issues, then Robert is right in suggesting
that this be continued on the mpl lists so that we don't create
unnecessary noise on the scipy ones.  It's important to keep each list
on topic for many reasons.

Cheers,