[SciPy-user] scipy code contribution question

Lev Givon lev@columbia....
Sun Jul 15 14:31:47 CDT 2007

Received from Lev Givon on Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 08:14:21PM EDT:

(snip)

> Insofar as the item that prompted my first message is concerned, I
> desire a filter design function similar to others currently
> available in scipy to facilitate the construction of FIR filters
> with the Remez algorithm (i.e., something similar to the remezord or
> firpmord functions in Matlab) given some typical design parameters
> (e.g., band cutoff frequencies, ripple constraints, etc.). As the
> relevant algorithms needed by such a filter design function are not
> overly complicated, I could look them up an appropriate DSP text or
> paper and try implementing them completely from scratch (unless some
> generous soul reading this list has already done so :-)
>
>    	       	   	    		     	  L.G.

I finished implementing and testing the aforementioned filter design
algorithms. May I add the code directly to Lib/signal/filter_design.py
(where similar functions are defined)? Or can I create my own corner
in the sandbox and put the functions in there for folks to examine and
test before they are moved into the aforementioned file?

						L.G.