[SciPy-user] [OT] advice about publishing a scientific software

massimo sandal massimo.sandal@unibo...
Mon Jul 16 11:33:09 CDT 2007

Robert Kern ha scritto:
> massimo sandal wrote:
> If you want "no-nonsense," use Google Code. Sourceforge is a lot of nonsense. I
> get incredibly frustrated trying to use the Sourceforge website or any of its
> spawn on either side (downloader or developer). I don't believe there are any IP
> issues; you own your code, not Google.

OK, thanks.

>> Moreover, I'd like to know your opinions about the degree of
>> "polishness" and other requirements for initial publication of a
>> scientific software.
>
> Meh. Release early and often. Having the code public is a good way to motivate
> polish. Your code may crash or miss features, but it's code that wasn't
> available before. You are making a positive contribution regardless.

Yes, but as stated before, I want to publish something about this code.
So I expect that it must have some minimum standard of quality.

m.

--
Massimo Sandal
University of Bologna