[SciPy-user] (Mac) Close a plot window, crash IPython?

killian koepsell koepsell@gmail....
Tue Jul 17 02:21:46 CDT 2007

hi,

i observed a similar problem that persists in matplotlib 0.90.1 (python 2.5,
numpy 1.0.1, ipython 0.7.3).
the problem occurs when a window is closed and it seems to be specific to
the non-interactive mode using the GTK or GTKAgg backend. the following
short script runs ok once, but when i try to run it a second time, python
hangs:

# start script
import pylab as P
P.ioff()
P.figure()
P.close()
# stop script

this is probably a problem of matplotlib and we should continue this thread
on the matplotlib email list.

cheers,
  kilian