[SciPy-user] Finding a point where a function becomes constant

Mathias Wagner mathias.wagner@physik.tu-darmstadt...
Tue Jul 17 08:27:30 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have a numerical function defined f(x) that is zero for x < x_0 and f(x)>0
for x > x_0. I have to find x_0.
The problem with conventional root finding is that if the algorithm evaluates
the function for any x < x_0 it will return this as a solution.
Does anyone know whether there is some suitable algorithm for this problem or
do I have to modify an existing method like bisection for my needs?

Mathias

--
// ** Mathias Wagner                                            **