[SciPy-user] changes in scipy.optimization.tnc (v 1.2 to 1.3)

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Wed Jul 18 07:22:38 CDT 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, dmitrey apparently wrote:
> I want to note that it will not provide backward
> compability (and hear your suggestions
>                      Warning: API changes: refined
>                      stopping criterions
> (xtol,
>                      pgtol). ftol is no more relative to the value of f.
>                      new parameter offset to translate the coordinates

Hi Dmitrey,

Regarding http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/296
Thanks for working on this.

Is your question the following?
        Should you implement any warnings etc. if someone
        appears to be using the old API?
Jarrod, any commments?
Anyone else?

Cheers,