[SciPy-user] pynetcdf crashing on Python 2.5

Ryan May rmay@ou....
Wed Jul 18 15:45:37 CDT 2007

Ryan May wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been using Travis's pynetcdf package (0.7) for doing NetCDF IO for
> a lot of my code.  I recently updated my Gentoo install to use Python
> 2.5, and now previously working code crashes (segmentation fault, no
> python exception) when I try to access an array of data.  A GDB
> backtrace puts the error inside _netcdf.so. I haven't recompiled with
> debugging symbols to try to track this down any further.

If anyone knows a bit about this code, GDB points the crash down to a
SIGFPE at line 1435:

dims[d] = (indices[i].stop-indices[i].start-1)/indices[i].stride+1;

According to GDB, indices[i].stride is 0, which causes the crash.
Anybody have a suggestion of what to look at next?

Ryan

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant