[SciPy-user] BLAS, LAPACK, ATLAS libraries.

fie.pye@atl... fie.pye@atl...
Thu Jul 19 17:33:13 CDT 2007

>Od: Scott Ransom
>Přijato: 18.7.2007 4:15:24
>Předmět: Re: [SciPy-user] BLAS, LAPACK, ATLAS libraries.
>
>> The problem is the way you build the shared library is wrong: you cannot
>
>> just use g77 -shared -o soname *.o, because LAPACK object files are in
>
>> several directories.
>

>> One correct way is to use the static library .a, uncompress it in a
>
>> directory, and build the shared library from that. There is a problem
>
>> when several object files have the same name (because you cannot have
>
>> several files with the same name in a directory), though, so extra care
>
>> must be taken.
>

>You might be able to do something like this.  It has worked for me
>
>in the past (with GNU ld):
>

>ld -shared -o libfoo.so --whole-archive libfoo.a
>

>Scott
>

>--
>
>Scott M. Ransom            Address:  NRAO
>
>Phone:  (434) 296-0320               520 Edgemont Rd.
>
>email:  sransom@nrao.edu             Charlottesville, VA 22903 USA
>
>GPG Fingerprint: 06A9 9553 78BE 16DB 407B  FFCA 9BFA B6FF FFD3 2989

Hello.

Thank you all for responses. Finally I installed BLAS, LAPACK, python2.5.1, numpy and scipy. Scot was right. I had to change the way I built the shared libraries. The command

ld -shared -o libfoo.so --whole-archive libfoo.a

helped but installation stopped on other error.

After that I had to change numpy and scipy packages. The *.tar.gz numpy and scipy packages I downloaded via www.scipy.org did not work. I followed the recommendation from
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.scientific.user/12133
It works.

Best regards.