[SciPy-user] BLAS, LAPACK, ATLAS libraries.

Thu Jul 19 21:27:04 CDT 2007

fie.pye@atlas.cz wrote:
> Hello David
>
> Thank you for responses. I managed to install numpy and scipy with BLAS and LAPACK libraries. Now I am going to install ATLAS and again python2.5.1, numpy and scipy. I will follow two ways. The first one is to build it from *.tar.gz sources. The second one is to build it from *.src.rpm as you recommended.  I think that the closer one *.src.rpm from http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/ashigabou to CentOS 5.0 is Fedoea 6
> http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/ashigabou/Fedora_Extras_6/src/
>
> The reason why I started with the *.tar.gz is that I have the full control over the version of libraries and places where the libraries are located. I can easily remove them when installation fails. In case of *.src.rmp I will have to study the installation and removing procedure first. I am going to start with rpmbuild. If you have some suggestions let me know.
>
> If everything goes well I will install BLAS, LAPACK, ATLAS, python2.5.1, numpy and scipy also on HP workstation and server with AMD Opteron 2220 and 2218 with SUSE Linux Enterprise 10.

I can try to generate rpm for this distribution if you want (CentOS is
not supported by the Suse build system, but Suse Linux enterprise is).

If you manage to generate rpms for Centos, I would appreciate to get the
modifications you had to do (if any, but I think they do not work out of
the box for Centos).

cheers,

David