[SciPy-user] BLAS, LAPACK, ATLAS libraries.

Thu Jul 19 21:53:39 CDT 2007

David Cournapeau wrote:
> fie.pye@atlas.cz wrote:
>> Hello David
>>
>> Thank you for responses. I managed to install numpy and scipy with BLAS and LAPACK libraries. Now I am going to install ATLAS and again python2.5.1, numpy and scipy. I will follow two ways. The first one is to build it from *.tar.gz sources. The second one is to build it from *.src.rpm as you recommended.  I think that the closer one *.src.rpm from http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/ashigabou to CentOS 5.0 is Fedoea 6
>> http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/ashigabou/Fedora_Extras_6/src/
>>
>> The reason why I started with the *.tar.gz is that I have the full control over the version of libraries and places where the libraries are located. I can easily remove them when installation fails. In case of *.src.rmp I will have to study the installation and removing procedure first. I am going to start with rpmbuild. If you have some suggestions let me know.
>>
>> If everything goes well I will install BLAS, LAPACK, ATLAS, python2.5.1, numpy and scipy also on HP workstation and server with AMD Opteron 2220 and 2218 with SUSE Linux Enterprise 10.
>>
> I can try to generate rpm for this distribution if you want (CentOS is
> not supported by the Suse build system, but Suse Linux enterprise is).
Ok, it looks like SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 is similar enough to opensuse
such as I won't have to do modifications, so the packages should be
built soon and made available in
http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/ashigabou (a couple of hours
maximum depending on the availability of the compiler farm).

David