[SciPy-user] SciPy 2007 Conference BOF

David Shupe shupe@ipac.caltech....
Mon Jul 23 13:21:26 CDT 2007

Christopher Hanley <chanley <at> stsci.edu> writes:

> I have a question for those planning on attending the SciPy 2007
> conference in a few weeks.  I have been approached regarding the
> possibility about having a BOF meeting to discuss PyFITS.  I was
> wondering if there would be an interest in this, or more generally,
> about astronomy software development.  We at the Space Telescope Science
> Institute could talk about our future plans.  Please let me know if you
> are interested in having a BOF meeting.  If there is enough interest I
> will arrange a session for Thursday evening.

I'm very interested in this BOF session, especially if the topic is broadened
beyond PyFITS to include development of utilities for astronomy.

The Herschel Observatory is basing its data processing software on Jython.  It
might be useful to discuss these plans at the BOF.

Regards,
David Shupe
NASA Herschel Science Center