[SciPy-user] filtering without phase shift

Bryan Cole bryan@cole.uklinux....
Tue Jul 24 02:14:25 CDT 2007

The easiest way to do non-phase-shifted filtering is to use FFTs i.e.

FFT -> Low Pass -> iFFT

The only reason to move to time-domain filters is if you must do
filtering in real-time where the complete dataset is (yet) unknown and
you must obey the laws of causality.

Using a frequency domain filter, you can have whatever cutoff you like.

HTH

Bryan