[SciPy-user] reading .mat-files (Matlab 7)

stef mientki s.mientki@mailbox.kun...
Thu Jul 26 10:48:13 CDT 2007

> Sorry, I'm always assuming everyone here's using Linux/Unix. :)
>
> However you're also a developer, otherwise what would you do on a
> scientific programming library mailing list? Don't hide from your
> responsibilities! :P
Well I already feel like a Don Quichotte,
trying to introduce Python (Scipy) into an organization,
as a replacement for MatLab and LabView.

for the record
compagny  (university, 20,000 people, excluding students) :
OS 100%  Windows
scientific computing 80% MatLab, 15% LabView, 5% other

country
OS 95% Windows, 4%Linux

personal:
I don't know anyone who is running Linux ;-)

I think that's one of the differences between the "rich world"  and the
"poor world"

cheers,
Stef