[SciPy-user] Error in SciPy install on Zenwalk-4.6.1 system.

R S Ananda Murthy rsamurti@airtelbroadband...
Tue Jul 31 22:28:03 CDT 2007

Hello,

I am trying to make package of SciPy on Zenwalk-4.6.1. I have already
installed numpy, lapack, fftw. When I do

python setup.py install --prefix=/usr --root=$dest

setup runs for some time, and then I get the following message:

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/distutils/misc_util.py",
line 687, in _get_configuration_from_setup_py
  File "Lib/odr/setup.py", line 9, in <module>
    from numpy.distutils.misc_util import get_path, Configuration, dot_join
ImportError: cannot import name get_path

Why am I getting this ImportError? How to correct this?

Thanks for your help,

Anand