[SciPy-user] Error in SciPy install on Zenwalk-4.6.1 system.

Tue Jul 31 23:04:19 CDT 2007

R S Ananda Murthy wrote:
> R S Ananda Murthy wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to make package of SciPy on Zenwalk-4.6.1. I have already
>> installed numpy, lapack, fftw. When I do
>>
>> python setup.py install --prefix=/usr --root=$dest
>>
>> setup runs for some time, and then I get the following message:
>>
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/distutils/misc_util.py",
>> line 687, in _get_configuration_from_setup_py
>>     ('.py', 'U', 1))
>>   File "Lib/odr/setup.py", line 9, in <module>
>>     from numpy.distutils.misc_util import get_path, Configuration, dot_join
>> ImportError: cannot import name get_path
>>

>> Why am I getting this ImportError?
>>

> Because I screwed up just before the numpy 1.0.3 release and removed that
> deprecated function without realizing that scipy 0.5.2 still used it.
>

>> How to correct this?
>>

> This is fixed in the SVN scipy.

Anand, I answer to you in this mail since it seems your reply is
mislocated in your email. To fetch numpy and scipy from sources, you
need to install subversion first, and then:

svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/trunk numpy.svn
svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/trunk scipy.svn

And then build numpy and scipy from sources as usual. Note that your
problem is not scipy but numpy (numpy is used by scipy to build).

David