[SciPy-user] How to solve name mangling ?

Stef Mientki s.mientki@ru...
Thu Jun 7 16:19:57 CDT 2007

hello,

the beauty of Python is that you can "rename" everything .
In the languages I've been using up to now,
an integer is an integer and stays an integer forever (has it's beauty too).

The modules I write for myself,
I always start with the "dangerous":
   form scipy import *

Now if I take modules form others,
or take code snippets (with forgetting to use the scipy import),
I get different type of arrays, with all kind of weird behavior.
The module at it's own works perfect,
but if I call the module from another program,
it doesn't work (as expected) anymore.

Any clever solution to solve this without thinking about those tiny
details ?

Is using
   form scipy import *
as the last global import in each module, a solution ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki