[SciPy-user] How to solve name mangling ?

Fri Jun 8 05:17:22 CDT 2007

Stef Mientki wrote:
>> yes there is: call N.sum instead of sum in your module. Look at it that
>> way: how many N. do you need to write, and how many character have you
>> written instead in this email ?
>>
> and now I forget just 1 N, and the program seems to work correctly ...
Well, you have not given any code example yet, so it is kind of
difficult to help you... Following you car analogy, saying that is seems
to work is like saying driving without looking at the road works because
you did it once in your backyard. It is easier, it may work sometimes;
still, would you do it ?

cheers,

David