[SciPy-user] fread (from numpyio) and stderr redirection...

fred fredmfp@gmail....
Sun Jun 10 17:32:31 CDT 2007

Hi,

I want to test that data read from file with fread has exactly the right
dimensions.

- if less bytes are read that the required number of bytes, how can it
be detected ?

- if more bytes are tried to read, fread returns a warning message that
I don't want to be displayed.
How can I do this ?

I have attached a sample file that shows the three cases:

- data read from file has the right dimension: ok

- data read from file has 1 byte instead of 2: no detection error

- try to read from file 3 bytes instead of 2: warning message displayed

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance.

--
http://scipy.org/FredericPetit