[SciPy-user] another (little) installation problem

rex rex@nosyntax....
Wed Jun 13 12:09:58 CDT 2007

Volker Lorrmann <lorrmann@physik.uni-wuerzburg.de> [2007-06-13 06:56]:

> i'm trying to get scipy build. I've installed python-numpy and atlas
> with lapack support without any problems.
> "python setup.py build" fails with
>
> building extension "scipy.fftpack._fftpack" sources
>   target build/src.linux-i686-2.5/_fftpackmodule.c does not exist:
>    Assuming _fftpackmodule.c was generated with "build_src --inplace"
> command.
> error: '_fftpackmodule.c' missing
>
> Is there an easy workaround? Do you need some more informations? I've
> added the whole output.

Hello Volker,

These errors look very similar to the errors I got using numpy-1.0.3. On
the SciPy-dev list, Pearu pointed out that my errors were due to a bug
in the 1.0.3 tarball, and suggested building numpy from the svn
version. I did, and it fixed that problem.

What OS and version are you building on?

For anyone wondering about how to get the svn versions, the commands
below will download all the files into directories (they will be
automatically created) numpy and scipy below the current directory.

svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/trunk numpy
svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/trunk scipy

-rex
--
"It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical
need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as