[SciPy-user] lagrange multipliers in python

fdu.xiaojf@gmai... fdu.xiaojf@gmai...
Fri Jun 15 08:28:20 CDT 2007

Joachim Dahl wrote:
> What kind of function are you minimizing?
>
> CVXOPT handles convex functions with convex inequality constraints and
> linear equality constraints.
>
> If your function is non-convex,  couldn't you eliminate your linear
> equality constraints and try Newton's method for the unconstrained problem?

   Can you give me some hints on how to eliminate the linear equality
constraints ?

   How to judge if a function is non-convex? The expression of my function is
too complex to calculate the derivative.

   Thanks.

Xiao Jianfeng