[SciPy-user] Problems compiling scipy on SuSE 10.2

Charlie Yanaitis charles.yanaitis@rochester....
Fri Jun 15 12:03:12 CDT 2007

Karl Edler <kte608 <at> mail.usask.ca> writes:

> Now the build fails with something about -fPIC which I don't understand.
> Here is the last bit of the output from "python setup.py build" (notice
> : relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against `atl_f77wrap_dscal__' can not be used
> when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC):

Karl, I posted yesterday and ran into the same problem with Redhat, the
"recompile with -fPIC". I did recompile the Atlas libraries with -fPIC but scipy
doesn't seem to pick up on it. I'm eager for a solution to this problem and will
be watching this thread. If I find out anything more, I'll let you know.

Have a good weekend!