[SciPy-user] PDE Solver in SciPy

Daniel Wheeler daniel.wheeler@nist....
Thu Jun 21 11:03:18 CDT 2007

On Jun 19, 2007, at 8:57 AM, Lorenzo Isella wrote:

> Deal All,
> I have been using happily for a quite a while the ODE solver in SciPy
> (I refer to integrate.odeint).
> I wonder now if there is any PDE solver available for Python (better
> if it was incorporated into SciPy).

Just a note to say that fipy is actively supported and developed.

Certainly fipy is too large and has to many nonstandard data types
to be included under the scipy umbrella. Possibly a more light
weight PDE solver could be included for structured grids and standard
terms.

There is also a package called OOF that uses python. See

    <http://www.ctcms.nist.gov/oof/>

> After a bit of online search, the best I could find under the SciPy
> umbrella was fipy:
>
> http://www.scipy.org/FiPy?highlight=%28fipy%29
> and
>
> http://www.ctcms.nist.gov/fipy/index.html
>
> Is that all? I am mainly interested in population balance equations
> for aerosol science applications.
> Any suggestion here is really welcome.

Please sign up to the fipy mailing list if you need help.

Cheers

--
Daniel Wheeler