[SciPy-user] Ubuntu Feisty upgrade problems

Fri Jun 22 00:11:43 CDT 2007

Robert Kern wrote:
> Ryan Krauss wrote:
>
>> meaning the seg fault is from scipy.cluster.  If I uncomment out the
>> to pop lines (not testing scipy.cluster or scipy.weave) I get no
>> errors.
>>
>> I don't use cluster that I can think of, but I would prefer a
>> completely working scipy installation.
>>
>> Can someone please help me with this?
>
> David Cournapeau has been making changes to scipy.cluster. Someone else has been
> seeing similar problems, but David hasn't been able to reproduce them, IIRC.
> Please coordinate with him and provide some more details about your platform
> (CPU, g++ version, SWIG version, etc.). Thanks.
Looks like I screwed up on this one. To complete R. Kern description,
the problem mentionned by Nils was reproductible (it is just that I
don't have access to 64 bits cpu at work), and was solved in svn r3112.
It looks like Is this the version you are using, Ryan ? The warning look
strange too: are you using numpy 1.0.3 by any chance ? This release
seems buggy wrt 64 bits arch, and you should use numpy svn too.

David