[SciPy-user] scipy fblas.so functions not found

Fri Jun 22 01:15:36 CDT 2007

Fahd Sultan wrote:
> I was trying the build on the same arch. I have managed to build
> scipy/numpy. Please read below of how I did it.

The fpic error has nothing to do with the compiler you are using
(assuming they are not buggy of course :) ), but all to do with the
packaging of the blas/lapack you got.

Please note that working rpm for numpy and scipy, as well as working
blas/lapack are available there:

http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/ashigabou/

I added support for 64 bits arch and Fedora Core 7 a few days ago. If
this does not work for you, I would like to hear it (I am the maintainer
of this repository, but do not use fedora, so even if I try to produce
good quality packages, there may be some errors).

David