[SciPy-user] [scikits] Updated generic optimizer (and egg download link)

Mon Jun 25 04:23:11 CDT 2007

Hi,

I did not improve much of the code, but here is a link to the scikit :
http://download.gna.org/pypeline/

I will add other step and perhaps line search modules, as well as helper
functions for fitting purpose (least squares or more robust fits), but I
can't give you a dead line.
The code works very well, I use it for my PhD searches, and it really saves
me a lot of time/troubles.

I'll add in another scikit a neighboorhood search (Kd-tree in biopython) as
well once I've found a solution for the matrix lib I use..

Matthieu

P.S. : pypeline is an "old" project similar in many aspects to what David
wanted to do for his SoC, but much more general, for those who might be
intrigued. It's being developped slowly, but steadily.