[SciPy-user] Deleting sandbox.pysparse

Ed Schofield edschofield@gmail....
Fri Jun 29 12:01:44 CDT 2007

On 6/29/07, Dominique Orban <dominique.orban@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ed Schofield wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > The pysparse snapshot in the sandbox is old and unmaintained, and I'd
> > like to remove it from the SVN tree. Is anyone using it?
>
> There were some messages on this list today from people using Pysparse. Perhaps
> the maintainer of Pysparse (Daniel Wheeler I believe) should be contacted to see
> if he would agree to maintain Pysparse as part of SciPy. I think it would be a
> great feature.

I don't know whether we'd want to merge Pysparse into the SciPy tree.
I think the code would be difficult to integrate with the existing
scipy.sparse package (partly because they use different languages).
And if they lived separate lives in the scipy namespace we wouldn't
really have gained anything.

In any case we'd want to start by removing the obsolete cruft in the sandbox. ;)

-- Ed