[SciPy-user] Compile fails for r3123 on OS X 10.4 (Intel)

Barry Wark barrywark@gmail....
Fri Jun 29 12:33:24 CDT 2007

I've been unable to compile scipy on OS X 10.4 (intel) from the recent
trunk. Scipy built on this machine as of r2708. The output from

python setup.py build

is attached.

I have fftw3 installed via macports (in /opt/local), and it appears
that the build finds it properly, but the build fails with an error:

building extension "scipy.fftpack._fftpack" sources
  target build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.5/_fftpackmodule.c does not exist:
   Assuming _fftpackmodule.c was generated with "build_src --inplace" command.
error: '_fftpackmodule.c' missing

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions!

Thanks,
Barry