[SciPy-user] Array Bounds

Perry Greenfield perry@stsci....
Fri Mar 9 21:30:51 CST 2007

On Mar 9, 2007, at 7:56 PM, Jerry wrote:

> In my opinion, this is poor language design (along with Henry Ford-
> style array indexing--any array you want as long as it starts with
> zero) and an impediment to writing correct programs. Good design lets

Me wonders why you waste your time here. You should be using one of
those good language designs instead of getting fools to fix their
stupid language. It would be much more productive (and then show all
what we should be using by showing us how much better your
applications are).

> the programmer abstract his program to resemble the real-world
> problem that he is working on. Get used to it or move along--every
> time I post about this, that's the advice I get. (1) Python arrays
> will _never_ change; (2) it is blasphemous to even mention it; (3)
> someone will ask, why in the world would anyone want an array that
> doesn't start with zero; (4) someone will flame me.
Er, that's what you were hoping for, wasn't it? ;-)